Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ten Years Later- Back to High School

As many of my cohort know I was very worried about my high school internship.  I fretted most of the summer and much of first semester about my move from the comfort of the elementary to the unknown of the high school.  I had grandiose ideas built in my head of the trauma I would endure during my adjustment, but I have found that I love working in high school.  I have enjoyed every minute of my time there so far.  I love the predictable nature of the days.  I enjoy the small talk with the students and I am so blessed to be paired with two wonderful mentors.  They are teaching me each day how to treat each situation with care and concern.  I find myself hating for the 3:03 p.m. bell to ring and looking forward to the start of another day.  I am learning to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment