Saturday, June 4, 2011

No Place Like Home


Dorothy had it right when she said, "There's no place like home." I have been away and I know the feelings that rush over you when you pull into home, knowing you will sleep in your own bed, have your own shower and be able to relax on your own couch. For the next month I will not be at home-I'll visit, but my home will be 301c, The Residential College, University, MS.
After packing my car yesterday morning I think I thought I needed to bring much of my home with me to school. Yes, it took three trips to pack my car-those weren't the bad ones...it was the three trips at 4:00 p.m. in the Mississippi June heat to unpack my car that were the worst. I planned and planned for my stay in Oxford, I thought back to what it was like to be a freshman and what I might need. After move in I still have a list of things to bring... rug, bath mat, lamp, t.v., trash can. Wanna sneak peek into my 'dorm living'?
This residential college is a dorm on steroids. Really it is. Here are some of the perks...
-my own door to my room...I can close it and sleep in a room all by myself.
-a private bath- my roommates somehow were lucky enough to get full size beds...and deluxe rooms so they allowed me to have my own bath and they would share...(yes, they are nice- I know- I got lucky.)
-hardwood floors..you are in shock now...I know this...but I am at this time standing on my dorm room floor and it is not yucky school tile.
-did mention private bath....
Here is my dorm room...my own room is much like the dorm that most remember from college...I just happen to live alone in this small space. The bedding was from my mom....she's precious...and sad I'm not 8/10 ths of a mile from her...bless her.
This was from the dorm room remodel I thought was a good idea at 6:30 this morning....I woke up and decided I needed change. I also think that I will be painting some canvases and trying to find a window treatment sometime soon. If I have to be away from home I can at least have a little style right?
I must thank the Barksdales for such nice accommodations. I will post pictures of the A.M. Remodel soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment