Monday, June 6, 2011

The UM Challenge



Saturday morning we were up early to take part in The UM Challenge Course. At 8:00 a.m. I knew it would be a steamy day. We got to the course and were split into teams. Each team went through safety tips and some mind bending games. We then went to work with our team building exercises. I wish I had more photos of the low elements of the course, but when it is a team building exercise they need all the team members to be present and participating...not taking pictures.
We sweat it out through and pretended to swing across a river of lava, we acted as elephants linked together on a balance rope, and we got extremely close as we worked our way back and forth through a web of bungee cords.
It was after all of those that we took part in the trust fall, the power pole and the team wall. Finally at the end of the team building we were on our own to take on the rock wall, the zip line and the elevated ropes course....think balance beam thirty feet in the air. It was a fun morning.

Not usually being a girl that likes to sweat I was super excited I did it. I was not graceful, I was not cute, some of my video and pictures were not taken from my best side, but I really enjoyed myself and I was able to see my new classmates in a different environment

No comments:

Post a Comment